Welcome National Junior Hereford Association Members
Welcome to Submittable and your hub for the Hereford Youth Foundation of America's (HYFA) scholarship application process as well as applying for all awards and CONTESTS offered through the National Junior Hereford Association (NJHA) and the NJHA Board of Director Application and National Queen Application. The Fall Deadline is Sept. 1st and the Spring Deadline is April 1st.
The Hereford Youth Foundation of America scholarship program is designed to provide recognition for outstanding members of the National Junior Hereford Association. Its purpose is to encourage individual and cooperative effort, enthusiasm, excellence, leadership, academic success and achievement among youth and to develop successful individuals as good leaders for both the Hereford breed and the beef industry. This spring at the 2022 Junior National Hereford Expo in Louisville, Ky., close to $30,000 will be awarded to juniors in the form of scholarships, recognition awards and contest awards. New in the spring of 2022 are the Mead Family Memorial Scholarship and the Ostgaard-Breiner Non-Traditional Educational Scholarship opportunities.
Bridging the Gap brings an educational and leadership component outside of the showring to the Junior National Hereford Expo and is a tool that every high school and college age NJHA member should take advantage of while attending the JNHE to get the conversation started about your college and career path. The program serves as a catalyst for building professional skills for junior members and brand representatives and college recruiters will be available to talk one-on-one with juniors and their families.
What to Expect
- Bridging the Gap is an opportunity for Hereford juniors to interact with colleges and industry professionals from the NJHA’s corporate partners. Juniors will have the opportunity to discuss with college recruiters about different degree plans, scholarship opportunities and different programs the colleges offer. Hereford youth also get the opportunity to learn about internship and career possibilities from professionals within a wide variety of companies.
- Hereford juniors — don’t miss this opportunity to converse one-on-one with industry professionals who will help guide your college experience and help you bridge the gap to a successful career.
- New in 2022, Bridging the Gap will take on new format at the NJHA invites high school and college age members to a speed networking roundtable that will put you in touch with the college of your choice, an internship opportunity and most definitely exposure to a vast variety of careers in the agriculture industry.
MONDAY, JULY 18
6 p.m. - Future Professionals Contest Interviews, W5 & W7
6-8 p.m. - Bridging the Gap College and Career Fair Social Networking Event, W6 & W9
The 2022 NJHA Membership Meeting will be held Wednesday, July 20, 2022, in W1 & W2 at the Kentucky Event Center. All NJHA members are welcome to hear the presentations from the NJHA Board of Directors candidates as well as latest news in the organization. The RSVP form is for meal counts, as the dinner at the event is provided free of cost to all attendees.
Please register your team for Cornhole for a Cause here. Teams must be made up of either 2-4 people. Registration for teams will be capped at 64 teams.
Registration is due by July 1 at $40 per team.
Late registration is due on site if we are not at capacity at $50 per team.
Registration fees will be paid on site at the event with checks made payable to the Hereford Youth Foundation of America and proceeds will go to Norton's Children's Hospital during the JNHE.
What to Expect
- The contest will be held July 17, during the JNHE Food and Fun Night in West Hall A & B.
- Final rounds of the bracket will be held July 19, in Broadbent Arena, at the conclusion of the Sullivan Supply National Showmanship Contest and State Group Classes during the Taste of Kentucky Food Truck Night.
- Fun and friendly competition!
- Entries are due July 1, 2022 at $40/team and are submitted on submittable.com
- If bracket space allows, or until we meet the max of 64 teams, late entries will be accepted on-site at $50/team.
- All entries will be paid on site to the Hereford Youth Foundation of America (HYFA) and handled by the National Hereford Women (NHW).
- Teams are made up of 2-4 people and entries will be capped at 64 teams. There is no set rules for duration of play by each teammate nor rules that mandate substitutions each round.
- Each match will be played to 21 points OR 30 minutes, with the highest scoring team winning and advancing into the next round.
- ONLY NJHA members are eligible to participate.