Hereford Youth Foundation of America
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Welcome National Junior Hereford Association Members
Welcome to Submittable and your hub for the Hereford Youth Foundation of America's (HYFA) scholarship application process as well as applying for all awards and CONTESTS offered through the National Junior Hereford Association (NJHA) and the NJHA Board of Director Application and National Queen Application. The Fall Deadline is Sept. 1st and the Spring Deadline is April 1st.
The Hereford Youth Foundation of America scholarship program is designed to provide recognition for outstanding members of the National Junior Hereford Association. Its purpose is to encourage individual and cooperative effort, enthusiasm, excellence, leadership, academic success and achievement among youth and to develop successful individuals as good leaders for both the Hereford breed and the beef industry. This fall HYFA will award close to $200,000 of academic scholarships to Hereford youth. Award presentations will take place at a special awards ceremony in Kansas City during the annual membership meeting. Applicants are encouraged, but not required to be present to accept scholarships.
Fall HYFA Scholarships Include:
1. Ten $10,000 Vanier Family Scholarships
2. Two $5,000 EE Ranch Scholarships
3. One $5,000 Perks Ranch Scholarship
4. One $5,000 CBY Polled Herefords, Bob & Dolores Call Scholarship
5. One $5,000 Ball Foundation/ Cottonwood Springs Farm Scholarship
6. One $5,000 Bar One Ranch, In Memory of Ken Tracy Scholarship
7. One $2,500 Whitehead Ranches Scholarship
8. One $2,500 Fauquier Farms, Bob & Lucy Kube Scholarship
9. One $2,500 Randy & Kelly Owen Scholarship
10. One $2,500 Blin Family Scholarship
11. One $2,500 Larson Polled Herefords Scholarship
12. One $2,500 Merry Family/MGM Memorial Scholarship for students pursuing Veterinary Medicine Degree - Pre Vet or Vet School Students are eligible to apply using Fall HYFA Application
1. Applicant must be a NJHA member in good standing and in the case of post graduate students exceeding 22 years of age, applicant must be a member of the American Hereford Association.
2. Applicant must be a paid member for the past three consecutive years.
3. All scholarship applicants must be enrolled in a four- year accredited university, junior/ community college and/ or a technical institution.
4. Students who are seeking post graduation degrees, such as vet school, law school, etc., are eligible to apply for fall HYFA Scholarships.
5. All applicants must have maintained at least a “C” or 2 .5 grade point average. A current academic transcript must accompany the application.
6. Applicants meeting the necessary requirements can apply any number of times provided they maintain the required academic standards. A new application must be submitted each year.
7. Incomplete applications will not be accepted and we advise a family member, teacher or advisor review your application prior to submission.
1. Submit online application through by Sept. 1.
2. Submit high school or college transcripts, whichever is applicable. Also submit acceptance letter into college if just entering or transferring into a four- year university.
3. Submit two “current” letters of recommendation.
4. Upload a high resolution photo of the applicant
5. After applications are received and reviewed the top applicants will be notified and Zoom online interviews may be conducted to finalize the selection process if the selection committee deems it necessary.
6. Winners will be notified following the application deadline. Scholarship will be awarded in Kansas City, Mo., during the AHA Annual Meeting.
GARY BISHOP MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
Gary Bishop was a former director of youth activities and director of breed improvement at the American Hereford Association. He passed away in 2002 after a battle with cancer that he met with strength and determination. This $2,500 scholarship is designed to recognize those youth who demonstrate many of the same qualities that Gary demonstrated: hard working, dedicated, faithful, determined and a friend to all who knew him.
1. Applicant must be a NJHA member.
2. Applicants must be between the ages of 17-22 years of age and/or have attained the status of a high school senior.
3. Previous winners are not eligible to receive the award for a second time.
1. Submit application online by Sept. 1.
2. Submit high school or college transcripts, whichever is applicable. Also submit acceptance letter into college if just entering or transferring into a four-year university.